Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract brilliant minds from around the world to pursue postgraduate studies in Malaysia. This scholarship is parallel with Malaysia’s aspiration to emerge as one of the global centres of academic excellence by attracting, motivating and retaining talented human capital from abroad.
Interested international graduates with outstanding academic and co-curricular backgrounds are welcome to apply for this scholarship to further their studies in leading Malaysian universities and higher education institutions with the opportunity to enjoy Malaysian hospitality and a world-class higher education experience.
The call for applications for the academic year 2023/2024 will be opened from 17th April 2023 until 18th May 2023
Applicants can choose up to a maximum of 3 Malaysian Universities / Higher Education Institutions as listed in the application system. So, you can determine the choice of university in Malaysia that is considered right for you.
Criteria and Requirements:
1. Age not more than 40 years for S2 and 45 years for S3
2. For master (S2) applicants, obtain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in a bachelor’s degree
3. For PhD (S3) applicants, obtaining a minimum GPA of 3.0 at Master’s level in a similar field from the intended PhD study
4. Fluent in English as evidenced by IELTS or TOEFL. Minimum score required: IELTS score of at least 6.0; or PBT TOEFL of at least 550, or applicants obtaining a previous degree with English as a medium of instruction are also acceptable (proof is a prerequisite).
5. Write a proposal of at least 1,000 words relevant to the chosen field of study.
Further information can be accessed via the link https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index.php